Followers

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Great Questions=Great Answers

Tawfik Hamid highlights speech made to European Parliament

Tawfik Hamid - Apr 19, 2009


Dear friends

I came back from Brussels after addressing the European Parliament. The talk was very successful.

The expectations for the number of attendees was 20, however 90 actually attended, including all the middle east advisers and many other reputable members.

I spoke for 20 minutes and we had a Q&A session afterwards. The audience were very impressed and the organizers requested from me that I repeat the visit to Europe again soon.

The topic was Hamas organization and the debate was concerning if the European Parliament should legitimize and support it.

Hamas wants to present itself as a National rather than a religious movement and they want to be legitimized because they were democratically elected. They also want support for their social services such as education and healthcare.

My main points of discussion were:

1- If Hamas was not a religious movement (as they claim), why then do they choose the name “Islamic” Resistance Movement and not “Palestinian” Resistance movement and why do they ONLY build Islamic schools and Mosques and not Christian schools and Churches as well even though many Palestinians are Christians.

2- I asked the members of the European Parliament if they would also legitimize Al-Qaeda if the Afghani people elected them in a democratic election.

3- I also asked if they would have supported the NAZI regimen just because they needed social services such as the building of schools and hospitals. I explained that Hamas leaders repeatedly promote killing all Jews and the eradication Israel. Accordingly, they are not much different from the NAZI system that promoted killing the Jews. The ONLY difference is that HAMAS does not have the power to do this yet!

4- I also reminded them that the freedom they enjoy now in Europe was not the fruit of Interfaith dialogues or mutual understanding with the NAZIs but a military defeat followed by educational and ideological reforms.

5- I was interrupted twice by applauds.

The event was all videotaped and the organizers are preparing a newsletter about the event with video clips which I will send to you once I have received it.

Best regards to you all

Tawfik Hamid

No comments:

Post a Comment